Art, // January 12, 2015
Andrew Proulx – ARTIST
Interview with artist Andrew Proulx
1. Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Andrew Proulx and I live in Kingston, Ontario in Canada. I’m a self taught abstract artist. I work at Staples in the technology department. When I’m not working I’m doing what I love and that’s creating art.
2. Why art?
It’s what drives me to live. If I don’t create art I feel I don’t have a purpose.
3. What is your earliest memory of wanting to be an artist?
I’ve always been into art ever sense I can remember it’s just stuck with me throughout my entire life.
4. What are your favourite subjects and media?
My favourite medium is acrylic paint, and interference paint on birch panel. I don’t really have a favourite subject. As a abstract artist, I just paint whatever comes into my head.
5. How do you work and approach you subjects?
I usually work solo I like to be completely isolated when I paint.
7. What are the best responses that you have had to your work?
When people share or repost my work on social media. And purchasing my work so people in other areas can see it.
8. What do you like about your work?
I like that I’m able to get my emotion’s and thoughts out whenever I create. When I look back at the art I created I can remember the emotion and thoughts that where happening at that time.
9. What advice would you give to other artists?
My advice to other artists would be to just keep creating never stop no matter what and don’t change your dreams for anything.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
I hope that my art will be in galleries all over the world, online and in homes. And to be successful enough to create art full time and not need a second job. (sorry Staples)