Art, Dance, // November 24, 2014
Anatolia the Fire Goddess – DANCER
Anatolia the Fire Goddess is an international belly dancer based out of New York City and Connecticut. The Fire Goddess weaves a spectacular story with her technique, creativity and skill. She is notorious for her unique style and custom props and costumes; including a ten foot golden fire dress (tanora), fire isis wings, crystal ball contact juggling and magnetic fire masks. Her truly one of a kind acts have been performed from India to Egypt. Blending traditional and fusion belly dance styles; what she likes to call “Neo-Cabaret” Anatolia never leaves room a dull moment.
Anatolia is a dynamic public figure, featured in Rolling Stones Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, VH1’s Who was I in HightSchool and much more. Her performances ranges from corporate to runways shows. Hired to preform for Dances of Vice, Tumblr, Yale secret society, and Whistling Pig Whiskey.
Inteview with Anatolia the Fire Goddess
1. Who are you and what do you do?
I’m a visual and performance artist.
2. Why art?
Why breath, eat or drink? I guess it come natural. If art was illegal I would be in jail.
3. What is your earliest memory of wanting to be an artist?
Watching my grand mother paint.
4. What are your favorite subject(s) and media(s)?
Painting (Batiking fabric), performing with fire, when I dance with fire I think of it much like pairing.
5. How do you work and approach your subject?
I always have and imagine in my head and I try to manifest it.
6. What are your favorite art work(s), artist(s)?
7. What are the best responses you have had to your work?
People calling me a goddess 🙂
8. What do you like about your work?
It’s unique, its my own expression.
9. What advice would you give to other artists?
10. Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
You don’t want to know, and I don’t want to tell.