Art, // October 30, 2022
Helenita Teixeira — ARTIST
Interview with artist Helenita Teixeira —
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I was born in Ipanema (MG), later living in Manhuaçu (MG) and when I completed the Normal Course (Primary teacher) I moved to Rio de Janeiro (RJ). I continued to work and study completing the Economics Course with a Specialization in Economic Engineering and Industrial Administration.
2. Why art?
I started drawing on the computer through Corel with studies in the VIP room. I saw an advertisement about drawings by Oficina Daniel Azulay, I introduced myself and the beginning of manual drawings in several categories took place. I was indicated to continue the OBERG COURSE. I made another series of drawings until the indication of Painting.
3. What is your earliest memory of wanting to be a artist?
I didn’t have that concern.
4. What are your favorite themes? What materials do you use in your works?
My favorite subjects Geometry and Op Art. The materials I use are canvas, brushes, a pan, cloth, table to support, because I don’t like easels and sometimes gummed tape.
5. How do you work and approach the subject of your works?
I research and study a lot and try to verify the size of the work if it will fit the size of the canvas.
6. Do any artists inspire you?
I’m not inspired by any artist. I like creativity.
7. What are the best responses you’ve had to your job?
8. What do you like most about your job?
The set after getting ready.
9. Do you have any other activities besides being a plastic artist?
Yes several. Managing the day to day is not easy.
10. What are your main participations in exhibitions?
All my participations were important to me.
Top 5 and most recent:
• ABRAMMIL (Brazilian Academy of Military Medals), Brazilian Society of Fine Arts, Marine Corps.
• Raphael Art Gallery, Universo de las Artes (Medellin-Colombia).
11. What advice would you give to other artists or future artists?
Be patient, insist, seek other styles of art to choose what suits you best, and grow slowly.
12. Where do you see yourself in 10/5 years from now?
The future belongs to God alone. We make plans, but everything It depends on His will.
13. Plans for the future.
Travel and travel. May the world enter into peace, for God made everything perfect and may there be peace on earth, for we are all brothers.
Edmundo Cavalcanti é nosso colunista de artes para Arts Illustrated em São Paulo, Brasil.
Instagram: @ cavalcanti.edmundo
Virtual Art Gallery: https://www.instagram.com/raphael.artgalleryvirtual/
Facebook: Art and Artisans Page