Art, // February 2, 2024
Maria Tereza — ARTIST
Interview with artist Maria Tereza —
3. What is your first memory of wanting to be an artist?
I’ve always been a good student at drawing..and one day in the middle of giving up I tried to paint something in honor of my son.
4. What are your favorite subjects and “media”?
Newspapers… books… in general I’m interested in everything…
5. How do you work and approach your subject?
I love being free..in what I paint… I love creating..sometimes I don’t even know what will come out I put on the canvas something I saw… that I dreamed… that I heard… and with the paints and my chopsticks (I don’t paint with brushes) there are exceptions if they give me a theme I have to create on its basis.
6. What is your favorite type of artwork?
I love painting music themes…but it’s always relative, it always depends on my
Degree of sensitivity I have painted around 500 canvases with very diverse themes.
7. What are the best reactions you’ve had to your work?
Analyzes made by canvas buyers and a very special one made by professor Oscar d Ambrosio that I keep religiously. Various publications in international books and newspapers.
8. What do you like about your job?
The create…. I never make the same screen.. if requested it will be something identical.
9. What advice would you give to other artists?
Whoever paints copies…is because they know how to paint… So create….
10. How do you see the future in 5 to 10 years?
Without change.. art few value it…. There are countries with more development. And support…they are rare but they exist…something that doesn’t exist in Portugal.
Olivia Rodrigues daCosta