Art, // December 30, 2017
Parjam Parsi — ARTIST
Interview with artist Parjam Parsi —
1. Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Parjam Parsi, I am figurative painter, exploring human form.
2. Why art?
You can experience things day after day, keep them or even lose some of them, express your self and … at the end maybe you can make something from pure silence and solitude that can speak by itself. I still haven’t found anything like it, with the same power, that can move the world forward for me.
3. What is your earliest memory of wanting to be an artist?
I had apparently done that before I was even remembering I had.
4. What are your favorite subject(s) and media(s)?
Mostly the human form interests me. I am currently painting with acrylic, but I also work in drawing medium such as ink.
5. How do you work and approach your subject?
I work most of time in a very direct manner with some very expressive actions. I am old fashioned you know. Some times I apply some thin washes of colors to bring out highlights, then with the brush I really want to resemble drawing relationship between media/paper, or acrylic/canvas.
7. What are the best responses you have had to your work?
One of my masters said “you cant make bad art” that meant a world to me back at those days.
8. What do you like about your work?
I try to be honest as much as I can with out any pretense.
9. What advice would you give to other artists?
Work hard, be your first judge and never be satisfied with what you doing at the time.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
Challenge my self with my media and exploring new medias but with a figurative approach.