Art, // October 13, 2017
Sigal Ron — ARTIST
Interview with artist Sigal Ron —
1. Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Sigal Ron. I am an addicted Israeli painter.
2. Why art?
Art is an essence of being free.
3. What is your earliest memory of wanting to be an artist?
As the young girl I wanted to be poet and created “love poems” but I know that every young soul does so. Later my family emigrated to Israel and it finally finish my writing plans. I needed to express myself in other not verbal way so I have started to paint.
4. What are your favorite subject(s) and media(s)?
I am an gestural abstract painter so the subject is translation of creative energy by language of visual art. As to my very different work I feel that we all “are like swallows on the wire of tradition ” so from time to time I sin in every traditonal subject and media.
5. How do you work and approach your subject?
I work every day in my studio. I don’t like row white canvases so I “dirt” them with random chosen stroke of paint and start later when the canvas is not intimidated any more.
7. What are the best responses you have had to your work?
The best response to my art is by buying it.
8. What do you like about your organization and work?
I like the moments of feeling that something is born from nothingness and I created this.
9. What advice would you give to other artists?
Don’t look for understanding from family and neigbours.
10. Where do you see youself in 5-10 years?
In the same studio working every day provided that the world will still exist.
There is nice video on YouTube: ESSAI527. Le peintre Sigal Ron Le Musicien Philippe Lauter.